Deere Z925M

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gregwl77, Jan 9, 2013.

1. gregwl77

gregwl77 LawnSite Member

I'm in the market for a new z-turn this spring and this Deere looks pretty sweet.
    The thing that caught my attention the most was the 20% + fuel saving with the EFI power plant, not to mention the mulch on demand. The last time I looked at the Deere mowers was about 7 years ago and the dealer I was talking with said in so many words ( buy something else )........
  2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

The 900 series are excellent machines. I run a 2012 Z950 w/60" MOD deck. The new 2013's don't really appeal to me appearencewise like the version I have, but they have some great features coming out on them now. What kind of price are they telling you?
  3. weis1

weis1 LawnSite Member

Deere mowers are a good choice. Well built solid machines that have an excellent cutting deck. However I recomend testing or demoing one before commiting to the efi kohler. I found it to be underpowered, especially on any kind of an incline while mowing. I recomend the 27 kawi on that machine.
  4. rungreen

rungreen LawnSite Member

Did you get prices, have been trying to buy one they keep saying they dont have pricing yet.
  5. gregwl77

gregwl77 LawnSite Member

I did not get pricing yet....
  6. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

I have a 2010 purchased new in June of 2011. It's a z950 identical to riden greens. Tough mower. I have mine listed for sale. I will be either buying a cheetah, wright deere stander or getting one with flex forks. My butt and back hurt bad at the end of the day.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Deere is really trying to become a bigger player in the commercial landscape industry, particularly with their mowers. With the introduction of their 900 series, they really started to get their name out there even more. I know they have several ideas/innovations in the works, now its just a matter of time before we start seeing them on production models. With the introduction of their updated 900 series for the 2013 year, Deere has started to incorporate a few things they never had before and improved upon things they already had. I've been running a Z925A (2010) model since it was first introduced, I absolutely love the mower!!! I always recommend it to people who are looking for a new mower...of course a demo is really needed to determine if it is the best option for you.

This past summer I had the opportunity to run a 2013 Z920M prior to its release to the public. I was very impressed with the machine. It was a little "scaled back" compared to my current 925 (ie, no foot brake pedal). But it was a nice machine. It had the same deck as they already offered so the cut was great. I don't believe that particular one had an EFI engine but it did well on all the accounts I tried it on...hills/slopes, wet grass, long grass, etc. I wasn't able to test it out as much as I would have liked, since we were kind of in a bit of a drought when I had it for a week, so my workload was a bit slower than normal. But I did think it was a nice machine.