1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Def

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by godzilla, Oct 7, 2012.

1. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

For those with trucks that require DEF, how are you managing / storing your fluid?

2. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

You should never have to haul any with you. They use very little and give you plenty of warning when needed.

3. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

I just picked up a 55 gal drum. Buying the 2.5 gal jugs was starting to become a nuisance.

4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

You must be putting on a lot more miles then we do. We have 2 trucks that use it and its not that big a deal buying those 2 1/2 gal containers every 1500 miles or so. But I didn't know it came in 55 gal drums I can see us trying that when we add a few more of these to the fleet.

5. professional

professional LawnSite Member

I don't use it, but the other day at one of the fuel stations I noticed there was a dispenser for it. They just put it in about a month ago. It has a little nozzle and you just pump it like the other fuels. I don't know about cost because this is at a fleet fueling station and they do not display prices.