1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Defective Stander Blade Belt

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Strawbridge Lawn, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

My Wright Stander 36 drive belt lost a 2-3 " chunk out of the tooth side of the belt. Anyone else have this problem?/ Machine has 111 hras on it.
  2. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

The newer models of the stander have improved belts (kevlar) v. serpentine to help with this problem.
  3. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

I have had the drive belt come off once. No other problems. I love that machine.
  4. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I have been through 3 belts in 40 hrs!!! on a 42" I think I need to get the NEW belts from Wright.
  5. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

The belt it came with was cogged, the replacement is not so we shall see.
  6. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Srtrawbridge- My 52" Stander would eat belts every few months. We found the non-cogged belts solved the problem. I believe this is something that many Standers had a problem with. Still the best machine I've owned. Mike
  7. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

wow, thats kinda strange! only time a belt has come off of the pulleys for me and gotten a chunk out of it was when a stich got caught between the spindle pulley and belt once.
  8. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, add me to this list. Im super pissed, 48 hours on my newest one and my belt is shredded. The ribs are actually getting stuck in the pulleys and im afraid those may have been damaged as well. Im going to the dealer tomorrow morning and demanding a replacement (as if i have time to begin with)
  9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I have replaced 3 belts between 2 standers. Both hydro (with new kevlar belt) and one deck belt (with old style belts) Both machines have over 500 hours each. With the old style belts.

The one had 8 or 9 sections with an 1" or more missing, before it finally gave up. If the belt is too tight or too loose, might have something to do with it. Otherwise a great machine.
  10. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

My toro 36in wb has all the original belts and its 4 years old. I think thats pretty amazing, considering the abuse it has taken.