Deflector chute poll

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BRIAN GALLO, Dec 5, 2001.

?

Deflector chute up or down

Poll closed Dec 15, 2001.
  1. up

39 vote(s)
    84.8%
  2. down

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

For those of you that side discharge with your walk-behinds, who cuts with the chute in the up or down position?

B's Lawn Service

2. casey

casey Guest

Chute deflectors are for girls & the uninsured.

3. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

with the deflector down, there is more of a chance for clumping and clippings are dispersed in a line instead of all over with the deflector up. u need the deflector down in some cases like near homes, cars atc.

4. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have 6 shiney new orange grass deflectors that have never seen grass if anyone wants them :)

5. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

OFF, but in truck. BTW: for the other guys who take them off and Casey, check with you insurance policy. Most of them will not pay out if you tamper,remove,disable required safty features.

6. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I cant vote for both so I will just post. I have the "director" from york. So I run up..down..and everywhere in between.

ocdc.jpg

7. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Chutes are always on and down to achieve maximum safety from any discharging debris. It would be unlawful and dangerous to do anything else.;)

8. Robert Doubrava

Robert Doubrava LawnSite Senior Member

I use my mowers with the chutes up. But in areas with sticks I don't see, I leave it down. You can't be too careful!! Better safe than sorry!:(

9. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Off, but always bothered me when in thick grass, ans when doing leaves that something would shoot out and BAM!!!! I am in trouble.
    I think it is a real problen that we should have to make a decision about taking a saftey item off the equiptment, and if a problem arises, you might not have insurance to cover it. The manufactures should get it together and try to fix this situation.
    I have been using the micro mulch kit all season on my turf tracer, and what a relief, nothing flyimg out to mess upy day. I am considering the director for my lazer next year.