Deflectors - Z & walk behind

Discussion in 'W.E. Chapps' started by bruces, May 31, 2002.

1. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

I thought I remembered seeing a comment in a thread last week that you had a deflector similar to the OCDC and would have info on the web site by last weekend.

What is the status?

Any info available?

2. WE Chapps

WE Chapps Sponsor

Bruces,

There is a page up on the web now about The Grass Handler/Bag Combo. Scroll down to the bottom of the home page and click on the green box that has that title. You're right - there was a thread last week and this information was not available until Monday of this week.

The Grass Handler/Bag Combo will be introduced at Louisville EXPO 2002 in the middle of July. This is an operator controlled discharge chute that has a sliding mulch plate that allows the operator to control when, how much and where the grass will go. It's been tested throughout the past year through all seasons and types of Florida grasses, spring growth, wet, thick and it works real good.

The sliding mulch plate brackets can be removed and a Grass Bag attachment can be added so that the operator can catch the grass when needed. It takes less than 10 minutes to switch the brackets out so that the operator can go from mulching the grass to bagging the grass. The Grass Bag is similar to a 21" cloth bag. It is lightweight, durable with easy, pain free dumping of the grass. It has a large capacity - over 6.5 cubic feet - and rolls up and stores easily out of the way when not in use.

If you have any questions after looking at the website, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for your interest.
    W.E.

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Hi.
    How about the holes on the OCDC plate, won't they just clog up? And if not, then won't clippings go through and still end up on mulched plant beds?
    It would seem that one or the other has to happen. Just curious.

4. WE Chapps

WE Chapps Sponsor

Jonathan,

We will put some video up on our site next month to show The Grass Handler in actual commercial and residential mowing conditions.

Without going into great detail on "the components on how to properly mulch grass", I will try and answer your questions.
    The plate with the holes that you see, slides back and forth across the opening of the discharge chute. This allows you to let the grass discharge in an area of the property that it won't matter.

Alot of the time if the lawn is maintained weekly, without the Gorilla Growth that comes in the spring, you never need to open the chute at all. Wet grass and high grass has to be discharged by opening the chute more often.

You get to decide when and were to let the grass go. If the holes quit allowing the grass to filter out, simply open the sliding mulch plate, discharge the grass and close the plate back and continue mowing without ever leaving your mowing position.

Concerning the mulch beds, the grass that does come out is in such small quantities and goes only a short distance that it doesn't present a problem.

The video will help to visualize alot of this explaination. Let us know if you have more questions and Thanks for this one.

W.E.

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Thanks for the taking the time to reply, I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I just saw the price. :eek:

6. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I just saw the price also. How can you justify that? I saw this in the back of a trade magazine and was excited until I just logged on and saw the "introductory price", what will the price be after this?

7. WE Chapps

WE Chapps Sponsor

Chariot,
    We just got back from Louisville EXPO 2002. It was a real good trade show. Wish everyone from LawnSite could have been able to make it. Trade shows are very informative events and this is a big one.

We introduced The Grass Handler/Bag Combo at the show this year with static displays of both in the new products section, a working model of The Grass Handler in our booth plus 45 minutes of video with The Grass Handler cutting all types of grass in Florida this spring.

The Grass Handler/Bag Combo is a lot more involved than the OCDCs that you may be familiar with. It has a sliding mulch plate with brackets that can be removed and a different bracket added that allows you to go from mulching grass to bagging grass in less than 10 minutes. The construction of both The Grass Handler and The Grass Bag are made for daily commercial use.

This new product is designed to fit most all walk behind mowers ever made, Zero turn riders and the new style stand on mowers. There is a lot of metal machining that has to be done in order for this to happen. If we were making The Grass Handler for a specific mower only, a lot less work would be needed and consequently it could be sold at a lower price.

Hopefully this has answered your questions. We appreciate your interest.

Regards,
    W.E.

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

That goes to show you how big that Expo is. I totally didn't see you there!
    Would have liked to see the products in person.

9. WE Chapps

WE Chapps Sponsor

Gogetter,

Sorry to have missed you at the EXPO! W.E. were and have been for years now located just in the East Hall up against the outside wall toward the outside demostration area - Booth #2270. It was a great show this year. How'd you like it?

Hope you are having a Good Season,
    W.E.