Deleted Post

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Varsity L&G, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

Could the mods send a PM when they delete a post so that we at least have an idea why?

2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

If something is questionable and we removed it or edited it at our discretion, you will be notified. But if someone blatantly breaks the rules and a post is removed, it shouldn't be necessary. For example, in the calendar girls thread....

3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Sean,

Personally I applaud you for your patience, insight and understanding. Some of the threads and posts would never make it on other sites. Probably why this site is so much fun and visited by so many people.

Thanks.

4. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I appreciate that very much, but you will definitely have to look to Jodi and Mike for doing such a great job....

5. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

OK then... cudos to Jodi and Mike. (I'm still learning all the hierarchy of this site.) :)

6. Varsity L&G

That was not the one, but no big deal now.

7. Varsity L&G

Edited Out of line
    Jodi

I like this Idea but the name does not ha ve to be there.

8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

thanks for the opinion, but i've found I can't please everyone. if I would edit something, without signing it, i would hear, "who did this?" now I sign it, and you say the name doesn't have to be there. In all honesty, I think this is like splitting hairs, signed or not, it's really no big deal.

9. Varsity L&G

either way i like that better then just deleting it.

I was mentioning the no name thing only because most mods like to remain anon to keep from getting fired on from other members but I get the idea.

Still a like to at least know what I did wrong.:rolleyes: