1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy82, Apr 22, 2001.

1. hey all. figured that this would stir up some conversation. i figure that most of us go to the delis at least once a day. i just started workin at a deli. they do a lot of business so i am keeping my stuff there in return for outdoor work. only 1 garden and no lawn to cut. i get tons of free food. how much do you guys spend on food at the deli's each week? if you could find away around that expense what would you do with that money?
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

We always brown bag it so we dont have to keep the grinder-hoagie-submarine-po'boy makers happy.

I have used the money to buy things for my girls. The extra i would have spent on my overgrown gut now goes to my girls weekend Mall trip.

3. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I knew this had to be a post from either NJ or NY. Funny thing. Once you get out of our area, there are not so many delis, hardly any diners (if you can imagine that), and no bagel shops.
    They say--what's and egg sandwich!!! I asked one time and got eggsalad ! When I go on vacation I go through withdrawal.
  4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

down my way they are all mickey d's and "all you can eat" food bars. really not great food and a disaster for my manly physique.

5. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't have any real deli's here. Sure do miss the NJ deli's.
  6. powerreel

powerreel Banned

That sounds like the guru deal. Don't mix and load sprayers @ the deli, or fert.Any deal on storage is worth looking at, let alone munchies.
  7. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

No deli's, diners or bagel shops? I don't know how I'd survive. You know what's realy cazy, I bet most of the people on lawnsite havn't had a taylor ham and cheese sandwich.
  8. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

No deli"s around here and no I have never had a Taylor ham and cheese sandwich but if its good send one my way. Always like a good sandwich especially when someone else makes it.
    Mostly Mickey D"s Burger King's around but we do have Whataburger.