Delivery slow for Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ground Pounder, Mar 14, 2001.

1. Ground Pounder

Ground Pounder LawnSite Member

On February 3rd, I ordered a 52" Turf Tracer Hydro ECS and a 36" Merto HP. I checked with my dealer today and he said that the machines were not even at the Michigan warehouse yet.

He said Exmark has 2 shifts working and are so back-logged they cannot say when these machines will be ready for delivery.

The grass here is starting to get a hint of green and I am starting to get a touch of nervousness.

Has anyone else had delays in getting their new Exmark equipment?
  2. MikeGA

MikeGA LawnSite Member

I talked to my Hustler Dealer today and he said getting a new Z has turned into pulling teeth. He said I could get the ONE he had or I could wait till he gets his next order in which has moved to sometime the end of april.
  3. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

I am looking at purchasing a lazer on friday and I hope I don't have to wait for it. Hopefully I will get lucky and they will have what I want in stock.
  4. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

i ordered my baggging system in febuary and i'm should get it next week i hope, exmark is slacking right now, or is just flooded with people wanting stuff.
  5. KMSLawn

KMSLawn LawnSite Member

My brother in law purchased a 48" WB in January and was promised it would be in Cincy by March 1, still no mower! Says it may be another two weeks!
  6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I decided not to purchase a new Exmark diesel 72' ztr because dealer says it might be May before I can take Delivery. I am mowing now and need it ASAP. Looks like DC or Grasshopper will be getting my order next week.
    TO MikeGo: Last week I stopped at the Excel factory and saw a lot of midmounts setting in a storage lot awaiting shipment. Looks like you should be able to get one quick unless all of those are already sold.
  7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

To: MikeGa,
    We are getting the new Hustler Z's off the line and shipped to dealers as fast as we can.
    Have you already ordered one ?
    The reason I ask is dealers that have units sold to end users are taking priority in shipment.
    Compared to dealers stocking up on more units for future sales.
    We are working very hard to get these units to the dealers and to YOU the end user.
    Please let me know, and I will help you as much as I can.
  8. jimsny

jimsny LawnSite Member

DITTO Ground pounder!

I too ordered the eXmark 52" turf tracer HP with the ECS. I called today and it is still not in. THings are turning green and I'd like to roll out the new machine by the end of the month.

My distributer was at the dealer's open house last month and tried to sell me the regular pistol grip turf tracer which I could get NOW. This would require me to get the retro kit at a cost of approx $180 to get the ECS handlebars.

I can wait

I chose to wait. The clock is ticking and I am beginning to perspire.
  9. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

ALl these posts are making me nervous!! I plan on trading one of my TT in on a new ECS. I told my dealer I wanted one and he said he would have them soon. I think he is full of you know what.
  10. John Rayl

John Rayl LawnSite Member

I ordered a 48" Turf Tracer with ECS, and I was told yesterday that it would be 1-2 weeks before I can get it. According to my dealer, Exmark can't keep up with the demand for the ECS. Thankfully, if it isn't in by the time I start mowing, my dealer will let me use a loaner.