Delta-gard or crosscheck for tics?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by unit40, Apr 27, 2008.

1. unit40

unit40 LawnSite Member

Anyone doing granular broadcasts for tick control? I used Delta-gard (deltamethrin) on my property, but the Lesco guys are telling me that bifenthrin (crosscheck/talstar)is a better product, delta-gard is an older chemistry. I liked deltamethrin because it takes less of the product to use. What's better? They need the woodline treated at a Town field for deer ticks, plus I need to treat my property again in a couple of weeks.
  2. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

i have been using talstar granular for this, this year i am using crosscheck granular
    with is labeled identical to the talstar product, if you want to use less product
    consider talstar EZ granular, it has higher AI
  3. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

We mostly use the talstar e-z
  4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

use talstar on fert and ez. keep other products around for who knows what??!!
  5. ETM

ETM LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

Andersons insecticide is the same thing as cross check and we buy that for $27/50lbs. Great product.
  6. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

talstar 007 granular 12-15ft into woods, 12-15 onto lawn, i spray the edge w/ tempo sc to get any that are up off the ground 3 treatments a year
  7. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

how much coverage?