Delta Guard application

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Springmeadows, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Springmeadows

Springmeadows LawnSite Senior Member

I have a customer with 7 acres of turf, they want treated for chiggers, fleas, ticks, ect...

I am thinking of using Delta Guard. It is a granular traetment that lasts all season, according to Lesco. Anybody have experience with this product?

I am licensed and insured to apply Pesticides so don't be worried about that. I would like a granular program to give longer protection.

I am currently thinking of an application rate of $250 per acre. I have never treated this large of a property.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Lasts all season? Is that what the lablel says? Maybe something like "Arena" would be longer lasting, you would kill grubs, too.

3. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Normal residual is up to 4 weeks, depending on environmental conditions and targeted pests.....

Read the label. Then, educate your Lesco reps just for fun.

4. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

hmm yea it doesnt last that long at all...we used top choice and it work great...and if you use granular you have to make sure they can water

5. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Deltagard is good but not season long. Top Choice would work better for you.

"Season-long" is a rather ambiguous term. Timed right under the correct environmental conditions & "once per season" will satisfy most consumers. But to suggest an insecticide applied in April will still be killing bugs in October is not a realistic expectation.

6. Springmeadows

Springmeadows LawnSite Senior Member

I thought that was too good to be true. I can get the MSDS sheet and the label off the internet. I have never used Delta Guard so I am totally in the dark about it.

I am also going to look into Top Choice as suggested. Maybe also would consider going with a liquid treatment instead of granular, because the property is large and not irrigated.

Thanks for the point in the right direction, guys.