Demand for payment letter

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by NMS0219, Aug 9, 2007.

1. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if anybody has a demand for payment letter templet. I have a customer that owes for mowing and wont pay. Its been so long since I have had a customer completely stiff me on payment for mowing I cant find the templet I had. Thanks Nick

2. Mow It All llc

Mow It All llc LawnSite Member

If you email me direct I will send you 2....1 is a final notice and 1 is a small claims letter written by my lawyer. It works everytime.......and if not weedkiller to the lawn at night!!! Email me ill get you 2 lol

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

First notice:
    [Buyer]
    [Buyer's Address]

Dear [Buyer's Representative]:

We are pleased with our relationship with our customers. To encourage and promote these relationships, we often provide credit to our customers to allow more convenience and flexibility.

The attached invoice, number [Invoice Number] for the sum of [Dollar Amount] is past due. Unfortunately, we cannot extend credit any further.

It would be greatly appreciated if you would pay this invoice as soon as possible. If you have already made payment, please disregard this notice and accept our apologies.

Thank you,

Second Notice:

August 09, 2007
    [Buyer]
    [Buyer's Address]

Re: Second Notice of Past Due Account

This note is to remind you that payment of [Dollar Amount] for your order on invoice number [Invoice Number] dated August 09, 2007 is now seriously past due. Perhaps your check and this reminder are crossing each other in the mail or the missed payment is due to an oversight or other pressing matters. If there are reasons why you are unable to make full payment, please provide us with an explanation and reply promptly upon receipt of this letter.

We request that you investigate this delinquent payment and either promptly send us a check for the amount due or let us know of your reason for being unable to make full payment upon receipt of this letter. In order to effectively manage our business, please note that we must refer our delinquent accounts for collection. We hope to continue our business relationship with you in the future.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Final Notice:

August 09, 2007
    [Buyer]
    [Buyer's Address]

Re: Final Notice of Past Due Account

This notice concerns the balance due from you of [Dollar Amount] for invoice number [Invoice Number] dated [Invoice Date] which we have never received. We have decided to assign your delinquent account for collection in order to collect the balance due us. While this is not a decision we make hastily, it appears this is the only alternative we have in collecting on your account.

Respectfully,

These are the letters I use. Never not collected from them.