demo 1

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toy2, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

For all the vets of lawn care, how does a demo work? Do I call a dealer and request to try something out? I really want to try out a 34 Gravely before I buy it......how much time do you get, does he have to hold your hand during the demo....

2. Toy2

Anyone, need some imput,,,,,,,BobbyGedd....any info you can toss this way?? :)

3. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I could help you, but since you have 1 month in the business I'm not sure I can because I don't know the answer at that stage.

I have a good relationship with my dealer. I can go to him and get trimmers, blowers, ZTRs, etc.......with or without money.......and pay him later.

To date, I've always paid him when I got them (for keeps), but he keeps telling me to come get what I want.....no questions asked.

He also lets me get a demo during any breakdowns......can't beat that.

His prices are inline, but not cheap either......but his service is great.

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I would go in person if its not someone you deal with already, and try to prove your a serious buyer. It is a awsum mower. The time it saves is tremendous. I use it for backyards, used to use a 32 toro belt drive. Employees love it, like to ride, arent as tired, cuts very nice, saves time.

5. flametamer49

flametamer49 LawnSite Member

First, build a good relationship with your dealer. Chances are you will not get nothing with out them "holding your hand" the first time they see your face. I have a good relationship with my dealer and he will allow me to take a piece of equipment for a day or to to see if I like it. He also provides a demo mower if mine is broken and he cant fix it quick. Let them see your face and know your serious about giving them your buisness and build a trusting relationship. Then things will work out.

6. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

Just go a take one when Travis isn't looking. :p

7. Toy2

OK I have been doing this since February of this year, so almost 7 months, not getting rich, but paying my bills, and getting ready for next year...ideas,etc.....my dealer already sold me a 36 Toro, and I have directed others to him an they have ended up buying equipment, etc... So heres my line: "Travis, oh Travis, when possible can you please let me demo a 34?"

Plus Travis, you know where I live....crappy part of Waco!!!! :D

8. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

What's wrong with your 36" toro? You should be able to mow 12-15 yards around this area a day with that 36 and a velkie.

9. Toy2

The 36" works fine,just want to add a rider to my collection....as for the 12 to 15 yards a day.....its not happening right now......the "Cowboys" got the area pretty well covered with the low prices.....I doing fine with what I have....I would like more, but enjoy being home at 4pm!!! :D