demo exmark the other day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobcatnj, Jul 31, 2005.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

i demoed the exmark ztr 52in 23 kawi the other day while my bobcat ztr was in the shop. i had high hopes for the exmark. i heard alot of good things about it, but never seen or used them on a lawn. i WASNT impressed at all. the main difference i seen between exmark and my bobcat was that the exmark dispersed the grass more out of the chute. i thought the exmark was alot louder while sitting there and i didnt like being so low to the ground. i thought it striped about the same.if there was a big difference between the two i was going to sell the bobcat and by the exmark. not for 7800.00, im keeping the bobcat.
  2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have an exmark and a deere and I will take the deere anyday. The exmark is ok but not all that and a bag of chips. The deere cuts better, disperses better and the hydros are MUCH better. I will say the QDS dump from the seat bagging system is great if you do any bagging. I just got the exmark cleaned up to put in the paper for sale tommorow, dont have enough accounts left to justufy it, dont really have enough left for the Deere, only have 11 left.
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

what does your bobcat 48" have for a motor, is it enough power?
  4. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

bobcat 52 with 19 kawi
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

The 48 inch wb? hp?
  6. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I herd you got one with 15Hp......i hope you dont plan on mowing any properties with high grass or riding it up any slight incline at all.
  7. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly. :) :)
  8. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I compared Toro and Exmark and went with the Toro. I liked the deck better. The engine, frame and hydros are the same.
  9. moremow

moremow LawnSite Member
    from roanoke

i demoed a hustler z 52",,23 kaw motor,,,not at all impressed with it,,,sounds like it is about the same as that exmark 23 hp,,,,,,i demoed a JD 757 and it was a work horse supreme. smooth,,responsive handling,,,tons of power,,,no streaking even in tall grass,,,expelled the grass clippings out very nice,,,,,,,,,,,and it held the hills extremely well,,,the hustler held those hills good too,,,perhaps a super z would be better,,but the deere really is super strong,,and solid,,,