1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Demo Kit recommendations

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by desertlights, Oct 1, 2008.

1. desertlights

desertlights LawnSite Member
    from NV

I am convinced that 'demos' will be an integral part of starting a new landscape lighting business. I hate to rehash an old topic but I am looking for help re: prepackaged kits vs. homemade. I am leaning towards prepackaged. Any specific company you recommend and why. Price, etc...
  2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Unique all the way! They have the BEST demo kit available. I love mine.
  3. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

Joey have you on the books these days? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I dont do demos, but go with what you use from day to day. Just custom make your own along the way.
  4. worx

worx LawnSite Senior Member

Definitely Unique...I purchased 2 demo kits and I am glad I did. I have done a couple of demo's that required more than what came in a single kit and was able to use lights from kit #2.
  5. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

6. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

I have been assembling my own demo kit with various items I collect along the way. It would be nice to just buy a complete kit with quick disconnects though. I already have 10 lights on my current kit so I will keep this one and maybe buy another complete kit from Unique or Cast. Unique has 16 lights, and Cast has 20 and both have quick disconnects.

Does anyone know if these are the type of 2-pole connector that either the Cast or Unique kits use or if they would work?

2 pole connector.jpg
  7. JoeyD

Ours are similar to those. I would say they are not as good to be completely honest but they both work the same. I dont think I have ever had anyone order replacement connectors from us. They only order them to add to other lights they want to use for demos so they must hold up pretty darn well over time.
  8. desertlights

desertlights LawnSite Member
    from NV

Joey D, where can I find Unique Lights (demo kit) in Las Vegas?
  9. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

Unique has the best demo kit, I have quite a few kits.
  10. JoeyD

John Deere or Horizon. Either one can get you demo kits right away. May even have one or two in stock!!!