Demo on Super Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by webdrifter, Jul 3, 2004.

1. webdrifter

webdrifter LawnSite Member

I just had my local Hustler rep Ken Frye bring by a couple of Super Z mowers for me to Demo. One had the 28HP EFI the other was the regular 27HP Kohler with the colecction system on it. They are super fast well built mowers, that do a great job cutting grass. Ken was very informative, and was very happy to answer all my questions. I do have a few other mowers to demo before I make my final decission, but Hustler definitly gets a big thumbs up !

2. Mindless

Mindless LawnSite Member

Randy,

Which collection system was on the Super Z? Was there a blower attachment? What was your opinion of how well the collection system performed?

Thanks.
    Mindless

3. webdrifter

webdrifter LawnSite Member

It had the 9 bushel BAC-VAC system with the blower.

It seemed to do a great job, and you can dump it without even getting off the mower, but I have a very large yard so I'm not sure if I'll go that route or not. I do know my wife loved the fact that the kids wouldn't be tracking grass back into the house.

I may be mowing anywhere from 3 to 8 acres so that would mean a lot of dumping, and I'm not sure where I would dump that much grass.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Ken is a great guy! He takes care of a lot of dealers and end users in Tennessee and has always went above and beyond the call to help someone out.
    As to mowing 3 to 8 acres, are your intentions to bag all of it ? all of the time ? the great thing about the Bac-Vac is that you can take it off in less than a minute with no tools and then just side discharge, you dont have to bag the whole lawn.
    You can also install Gator blades for reduced size of clippings.

Pj