Demo price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ryno23, Dec 5, 2013.

1. ryno23

ryno23 LawnSite Member

I'm about to get a toro 6000 with efi. New is 10995 but they have a demo with about 30-40 hrs on it for 10495. Which would you get and is that demo price about right or do you think it could be less?

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

That isn't much difference. I would like to see a grand off or buy new, personally.

3. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

Not a big enough savings for that mower buy new I know people get a demo and put it through hell
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

New for sure with that small of a difference. He doesn't want to sell it yet.

5. ryno23

ryno23 LawnSite Member

Thanks fellas! That's what I was thinking. I've never bought a demo so just wanted some advice. Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Kenb2920

Kenb2920 LawnSite Member

I demo'd an exmark lazer zx. The dealer without haggle was going to give me a grand off his sale price of the new one. Full warranty, blade sharpened and fluids all changed as shod be.

I am still in stall mode and now debating the cheetah. I'd love a 72" but the hike from 60/61 inch decks seems a bit steep to sell th wife on.

7. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Typically a demo gets the dealer 10% off. I am a dealer, so do this all the time. Expect to get around 8% off, and the dealer will still make a full meal deal off of you like you bought the new one.... If not, heck tell him you would rather just pay 10500 for the new one, make the offer then walk, I bet you will get a call back especially this time of year. If it has that many hours this time of year, it is a 13 model for sure, I would expect to get 500 to 1000 off a 13 model anyway, the demo should go for more off...