Demo today....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southgagrass, Oct 12, 2011.

1. southgagrass

southgagrass LawnSite Member

I tried a new Exmark 29hp 60" X Series today. Overall the mower was ok. Cut was fine did not like the drive system {my gravely drives way better} but the ride was the worst I have ever experienced. I don't see how I could take that all day long. Any how just wanted to share my opinion.

2. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

can you please go alittle more indepth...

3. A+Grounds

A+Grounds LawnSite Member

my x series
    amazing cut, wows me every time
    i love the drive, soo soo smooth!
    ride with the suspension seat, i can live with it

4. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I demoed the exact machine last week. We will not be purchasing it now but I totally disagree with everything you said. I thought the ride was great and the cut was awesome. The reason I am not buying it is that it is just a little bigger than we need. I prefer the 52 standers. The footprint of the machine is huge but I loved everything about it.

5. southgagrass

southgagrass LawnSite Member

When I say drive system sucked seemed like you really had to push hard to get it going and same for reverse. I guess it had flat free fronts which made the ride so bad but it was really really rough. Had my helper drive it around to see what he thought [he does not mow much just I do most of it] he had the same feelings as me compared to my 252 Gravely Pro Turn. I just don't get where everyone thinks the cut is so great my gravely does just as good. Next gonna try the Scag TT 61" see how it goes.

6. A+Grounds

A+Grounds LawnSite Member

you have to push hard because its dampeners are new, they are also adjustable. i like that feature it prevents the mower from being jittery. you must have driven that 1 machine your whole life.

7. ShaneysLawnCare

ShaneysLawnCare LawnSite Member

Keep in mind your two locations are different, so different environments, which in return changes how a machine cuts.
    Everything cuts different in different conditions.
    Just my $.02 before people argue.

8. Razorblades

Razorblades LawnSite Bronze Member

Not trying to steer you away from the Scag TT at all, but since you already have a Gravely/Exmark dealer that you said you liked (in a different thread), you ought to give the Gravely Pro Ride a demo. t is supposed to be great on cutting bahia. I just got one 3-4 weeks ago and it has been great on this late season bahia.

At least get a demo of one so you can see if it will cut the bahia as well as the others such as the Scag Turf Tiger.