Demo Truf TracerHP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fastlane, Apr 28, 2002.

1. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

I'am picking up Turf Tracer HP17Kaw with mulching kit (not installed) first thing in morning. I've researched but not demoed.Good dealer only 1mile away.What should they show me before I load on trailer?What should I ask? I've never used WB hydro.

2. Greenstar Services

Greenstar Services LawnSite Member

First off congrats on the new toy,you'll love it. Make sure the dealer shows how the grips work for stopping and reverse. It takes a gentle touch the first time out but once you've mastered that it's a breeze. Also have them show you height adjustments, and ask them to install the mulching kit with you watching.Also ask for maintenance tips. Good luck , I have one and love it.

3. perfection lawn care

perfection lawn care LawnSite Member

Hold on tight and hope for the best!! Know its not that bad, just make sure you start on a lawn that is open to enable yourself to get use to it. Or else plan on having to repair or replace something on the house etc.

4. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

keep in mind that when you want the machine to stop you can't just let go of it... i did that when i demoed one, wasn't used to it yet and let go hoping it would stop... man those things are strong it ran into the side of a house and climbed the wall... a little later i did the same thing with a fence... got the whole thing on tape too