Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by logan, Jul 19, 2005.

1. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

What is the typical way a demo is done. What would you look for if the demo on a new mower was only for a short part of the day?
  2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on the dealer really, I mean if he is worth a dang as a dealer and wants to make the sale he'll let you have the machine all day IMO. I even had one said use it all weekend, so I did cut mine, churches and some friends & relatives. I did have one dealer that was like o k here you go use it right here right now & thats it, turned & walked.

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Wright Mfg. sent a rep down from the 'Burgh with a full trailer: Stander, Sentar, and Velke mower. We were interested in the Standers, and he left one with us for the week. That was the first time I had a company offer that type of demo. We got to use it on every property to see how well it would fit our lawn route. If you only get a partial day's demo, I'd try to get it to all the accounts you think it would benefit you on, and see how much better it performs. Look for ease of starting, cut quality, handling, loading/unloading,. etc..compared to what you are using now.
  4. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

Thanks, I hope that I can get it for at least a day.
  5. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

A local dealer will rent you a ZTR for a day or more, it's like $50. I believe he got tired of everyone always asking for a "demo", so he set it up as renting. Usually at the end of the season he sells the rental unit at a discount.