Demo?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by roscioli, Aug 16, 2001.

1. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Hello, I have posted a few questions in the eXmark forum and have found great answers, so thanks in advance to the answer to this. My local dealer didn't seem to want to let me demo a machine. I am looking to buy a 61" Lazer with a Kawi of some sort (haven't decided yet), next spring. I asked if he demoed, and he hesitated, and said not really. I asked the same question at the Husqvarna dealer, who said straight out no, but he is brand new in the biz, and obviously too small to be able to do so. So, my question is why doesn't the dealer have a demo unit, and can they get one without risk to themselves? I imagine that exmark must have a ton of machines that aren't fit to be sold for whatever reason, and would make good demos, right? Anyway, what can I do, because I am definately not going to buy before trying... Thanks, Michael Roscioli, Sturbridge MA

2. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

Went to the Scag Dealer he put the Mower on the showroom floor on his truck and let me Demo it for about 45 mins on my Lawn.:D :D :D

3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

He probably wouldn't let you demo the 61" lazer because it doesn't exist.

4. roscioli

Good call, 60". JJohn22042- Wheres the SCAG dealer you go to? I am in mass too.

5. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

6. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

roscioli,

This is what I have for you. I called our distributer in that area for local dealers that provide demo units. Here is a list of dealers that can help you.

Ahearn Equipment
    460 Main ST.
    Spencer, MA. 01562
    508-885-7085

Orchard Hills Farm Equipment
    1210 Federal ST.
    Belchertown, MA. 01007
    413-253-5456

Grafton Power Equipment
    83 Worcester ST.
    N Grafton, MA. 01536
    508-839-6066

I'm sure one of these guys can help you out. If you run into problem let me know.

Thanks, Fred.

7. roscioli

Fred- Thank you very much. Ahearn is the shop I go to, and today I actually got them to let me at least run it around the yard, no blades of course. I will check out the Belchertown shop, and if I get no results there, the other. Why can't Ahearn call you folks up and have a demo unit shipped to them? Does Exmark not do that?

8. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

roscioli,

I called and talked with Donna at Ahearn Equipment, she says that they have an area for you demo. The area has a hill and plenty of grass to cut and she would be happy to help you.

Tell Donna who you are and that you talked with me. If you are looking for one to take and go use. You may have to call one of the other stores and see if they have any used demos. Simply tell them you are looking to demo a unit.

Thanks, Fred.

9. roscioli

Thanks fred- It is understandable that they didn't want to make it into a used machine, I just figured that there would be one available in the area... I guess the dealers don't work together though, like a lot of car dealers do. Thank you for your help, and if end up trying it I will let you know what I think.

10. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

Near the Cape here. I think if Emark wants to make a Good start they should let you Demo the unit. Also thay should bring it to you so you can try it on your lawn to see if your happy. The Scag Guy did this for me.

Went to one Exmark dealer so far still stuck between Scag and Exmark The Exmark dealer I talked to I ask if I gave him $2000 down and pick the machine up in March he says yes then he goes and hand me a Credit App. If I wanted to put it on my Credit card I would have but just want to pay cash here that was onemore thing that is making Scag look Better so far.
    But going to onemore Exmark Dealer Saturday lets see how this Dealer is.:blob4: