Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by TURFLORD, Apr 9, 2006.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Here in NJ our new governor want to impose a new tax on landscapers of $65 per year for the privilage of being a landscaper. Plus impose new taxes on what used to be considered capital improvement. How are they going to differentiate between grounds maintenance guys that dabble in landscaping such as myself and true landscapers? Yet again another Democrat has decided its good for the economy to impose yet another tax or fee or fund charge on the backs of the owners because we must be the ones with all the money.:hammerhead:
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

ain't it great living here :cry:
  3. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

It scares me if we have to deal with them in office.(next election) We will be taxed out our ears.
  4. Jdmtnbikr

Jdmtnbikr LawnSite Member

Yea the current administration is doing such a wonderful job with everything, I wish we could just keep them forever! :confused:

I realize arguing politics on this board is a losing proposition, with 95percent of you die hard republicans, so I won't waste my time.
  5. Hard Worker

Hard Worker LawnSite Member

6. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

Taxes are always too high, regardless of how low they are.

What pisses me off is how much the government has been increasing spending over the past 4 or 5 years. These people are out of control. Each US citizen's share of the national debt is now $28,000. They are going to collect that money from us sooner or later, how do you suppose they plan to collect it?

My dad always used to say "It ain't what you make, its what you spend" that makes you rich or poor.
  7. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

is it me or i heard correctly increased the state spending?
  8. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

well if you republicans ran your busesness like you republicans run our country you would not ever have to pay takes because you would be out of buesness in about 30 days. you have to pay for the things you want. you can't have things you can afford. but this is a strange concept for republicans. i kind of liked it we had clinton and we had a surplus and we were getting ahead on the debt. hope you guys are happy that w has fixed all that
  9. hostingdiva

hostingdiva LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I don't like to take sides so I won't... I don't mind paying taxes but I do mind the government spending $28,000 for a hammer! What kind of crap is that!?? :confused: My problem isn't so much with the taxes but how that money is spend - can't those elected officials just be a bit more responsible with how they spend my money? umm.. or at least keep track of it? I think they may be :sleeping: on the job :laugh:
  10. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Why would you want to bring politics onto this web site? With the way things are going in this country you should hope and pray that the Democrats are elected next term. Give me a break and think before you speak!!!