Demo'd a Ferris IS 5000 Z yesterday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by columbiaplower, May 15, 2003.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

Wow!!!!:eek: I was very surprised. I am an exmark man my self but i liked almost everything about that mower and even its younger......less expensive sibling the IS 4000Z. The ride is great! The independant suspention is very nice and effective. The cat engine is full of power and not too loud. The machine powerd through the deepest grass. The one thing i didnt like was some of the controls. The parking brake was awkward for me to use as was the deck controls. The seat on the 5000Z was much higher backed and more comfortable then the 4000Z. Over all i liked them. them price is quite high though $14000 was the lowest he could go on the 5000Z. Im gonna give them a year to work out any problems they run into, and may look at them again. Anyone own a ferris unit? Any comments concerns questions?
    Thanks
    -Nick

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone will tell you Nick I am Ferris's biggest fan. We've had like 15 units over the previous 9 years of biz. And we mow for Ferris's largest distributor in the US as well here in NJ.

That IS5000 is a nice unit...demoed it for a week last summer. With that 32hp Cat, it can move and sure can cut some grass.