Demod a Toro 62" with the liquid cooled diesel today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Pastures, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

What a beast.

I want one.

It's the godzilla of lawn mowers.

I mowed thick grass with it that was 6-8" tall down to 3.5" and I never went less than full speed ahead unless I was turning. I never heard it bog and it dispersed that grass at least 6' out the side.

Mt 26 hp EFI was in the shop for some warranty work so Nick's Lawn & Garden in Grafton Virginia was nice enough to let me take the new diesel Toro they had in stock.

Thanks Tom.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Real commercial mowers are DIESEL POWERED right? :p

V-twin gas engines are sick in comparison.
    Not even remotely in the same league.

And to top it off, that big beast is WAY more efficent and cost effective to operate than even your EFI.

3. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Like Ive said before, Hustler SZ 60" with a 25 - 28hp air cooled Kub diesel. Be sweet!

4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I've only recently become diesel unbiased. :blush:

5. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't demo'ed that one, but I have demo'ed a Bad Boy, 72 with Cat Diesel. As you say, something like this is grass chewing beast.

If you mow enough and maintain your equipment properly so as to get the return from such a machine then it would be the ultimate grass cutting machine.

What brand diesel engine was on the toro?

Have a great day,
    Doc

6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I think the ultimate mother of a machine is that 51hp diesel dixie chopper.

7. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, I expect that the torque that would come with a 51HP diesel would for sure be a grass chewing ground shaker.

Have a great day,
    Doc

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

A diesel will out mow and out last any gasser out there. Plus the efficiency is much better as they have less fuel consumption.

9. Tall Rider

Tall Rider LawnSite Member

I notice one thing in common with all these other machines. These Hustler and Toro mowers use Kubota brand diesals. These companies don't even use they're own engine. Why not demo a Kubota ZD with a Kubota Diesal. :D I have used one, ultimate cutter. :p

10. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Hustler and Toro are not engine manufacturers. Besides, Hustler uses CAT and Toro uses Daihatsu.