Demo'd a Walker today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SGLawn Care, Jul 22, 2003.

1. SGLawn Care

SGLawn Care LawnSite Member

Demo'd a Walker today in the rain(a good test).It had a 26hp efi koler with the 48" GHS deck.It left a nice cut and didn't clog the chute.I like the setup of the controls the best.I am also going to demo an Exmark and a Grasshopper out front deck.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, lotta horsepower for that size deck. Should be able to mow down a hay field with that unit. Good luck in your choice and smart move too in doing the demo before buying.:D

3. blairbuc

blairbuc LawnSite Member
    from CT

SG

I like Kohler, have a 25 on my Hustler, and I hear great things about Walker, but once that 26 efi starts to sputter it turns into an endless cycle of , is it a ground wire, is it the senser in the muffler? The code that pops up , it hink it is code 34, covers 14 different problems.
    I would make sure Bosh and Kohler have all the bugs worked out and I would look at serial numbers on the Kohler and make sure you get the latest issue. The Walker could be made this week with a Kohler made 15 months ago sitting in a warehouse. So look at both serial numbers, more important, the Kohler's