Demod Deere Z 830a.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by luckylawnboy, Apr 23, 2009.

1. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I have to say i loved this mower. I do not understand what the big fuss about these mowers was all about? It has way more power, rides better, faster, boggs a lot less, hydros are ultra responsive and very torquey compared to my 757. I would almost say it almost to fast. Runs as fast as or faster than a super z or Dixie. Feels about 15. that was my only thing I wasn't crazy about.

DSC03571.JPG

DSC03573.JPG

DSC03574.JPG

DSC03576.JPG

DSC03578.JPG

2. Coastal Lawn Maintenance

Coastal Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

it was on some of the smaller models like the 810 with the 54inch deck. i have hydro problems on mine but it getting better with the warmer weather.

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Apparently some had problems or we have a lot of liars out there. Hopefully they have the problem under control. I felt for the owners that trusted the Deere name and had so many problems. Glad your having good luck with yours, looks great.

They do seem to be the only company that figured out the roll bar needs to be out of the way when folded. Best roll bar design from the looks of it.

4. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice machine. Definitely leaves a nice cut, looks like a piece of carpet.

5. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I have been running deere for about 3 years now and it amazes me how nice thay cut. I have owned Dixie and Have a lazer xs and a 60 inch turf tracer and the deere cuts better than the ultra cuts. especially in heavy wet conditions. Im telling you the 830 had great power. Seemed to be the right amount of power speed balance. I got denied credit from deere so I think Im just going to trade in my 06 757 for a 830.

6. tacoma200

Deere has great decks, no dispute there.

7. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

What's the price tag on that mower? Also, what engine?

8. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

When the 800's were released they didnt have the little "product improvement kit" installed. I had a 830 with a 72" and I lost the rear guage wheels and the right hand side steel loop that holds up the deck to the mower fell off. So yeah, they bombed with the 800 series. And you can see, I am a Deere fanatic!:usflag:

9. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

That 7 Iron II deck imo is the best deck manufactured in this business. I'm glad their on my mowers.

10. tacoma200

You do have them on Deere ZTR's, right? We used to talk about a Hustler with a 7 Iron as being a great set up. Just need some paint.