Demo'd me an EXMARK today!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dr grass, Oct 24, 2002.

1. dr grass

dr grass Banned

Was out with the 721d "asshopper" today, and low and behold she puked on me .... what a suprise! lol. so i took er in. they gotta pull the tranny. i go to the local exmark dealer to rent a demo. only got one word ... WOW!!! this thing absolutely rips! the blades are dull as S%#T! probably has never been washed or maintained properly. this thing cuts better than my ***hoppers do on their best day! i cant wait til next year!!! im gonna ditch the pukehoppers and score some exmarks and start making some serious cheese like the rest of you big timers! lol. wish we could skip the snow crap and start right into cutting next spring. ha! dream on right........

shep :D

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing like a good eXmark cut. Glad you liked it. Start saving those pennies today.

3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Just imagine it new with good blades and those pretty white rims. Oh yeah, Gidddddddddeeeeee Up!

lazer #1.jpg

4. dr grass

dr grass Banned

gee thanks randy. you give me the pic with the vac unit on it!!! lol actually, that is funny, because i asked the dealer if i could rent a vac. unit with the mower. He just looked at me like i asked him if i could rape his cat! haha. oh well, maybe the leaves didnt get cleaned up like we would of liked, but dammit they got chewed up!!!!

shep :cool:

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Shep,

I'll keep your words in mind about those asshoppers, ***hoppers, pukehoppers, heck whatever you want to call them.

Their marketing department in KS and the local deler are trying their best to impress me and sweet talk me into a new mid-mount.

I too demo'd me an Exmark this week. I haven't had the Grasshopper out yet. So I can run any compairison, but I have a feeling now that I'm going to be disappointed in it.

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

great to hear you like exmark. you wont be disappointed if you get one.:)

7. dr grass

dr grass Banned

well, let me explain my situation first. i once upon a time a few years back was a proud exmark owner. 60" fan - cooled model.
    i sold her because she was just getting a little tired, and i wanted to upgrade. well, i sold my mower and my trailer that had been hit, and was in the market the next spring for a new setup. a buddy of mine was looking to get out of the lawn care biz (so he said at the time - he is now back in the industry, and i flip him off every time i see him) so i told him i was interested. he had some nice accounts and good hand tools. the only thing i was unsure of was the brokehoppers that he had. long story short i put somewhere in the ballpark of 6 - 7 grand into these stupid things last year, and i havent figured out the total for this year, but i will admit that it wont be that much .... pry because i replaced just about every damn part on the machines!!! lol thats why in my original post i was laughing when it broke down. i literally was laughing when the tranny started to go on her. i use to get pissed off to no ends when that stuff happened, but ive grown to live with, and accept it.
    Envy - i will admit the 721d is a great model for fall cleanups. mine is old and half asleep, and i think a new model would clean up even better. they are a high maintenance machine, so be prepared if you choose it. the 225 models are OK mid mounts, but get out the checkbook for repairs also. the cut on it is NOTHING in compairson to the eXmark! as far as speed, the demo was mowing circles around the 225 last night!! i would definately steer anyone i knew in the market for a new commercial mower toward the eXmark.
    Just an added note : anyone considering buying out another LCO. GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING AND NOTORIZED!!! It saved my ***, and could well save yours!!

Shep :angel:

8. P. Nelson

P. Nelson LawnSite Member

What year was your 721 D and how many hours on it? Just curious as to what I might expect to go wrong and when.

9. dr grass

dr grass Banned

p nelson - my 721 is a 1996 and it has roughly 2200 hours on it. ive had anywhere from tranny to electrical to hydro problems with it. you name it, ive had problems with it.
    envy - why did they bleep out "***hoppers" in your post, but they left mine in my original post. yours was their earlier ... weird man werid :confused:
    as for today - had the demo out in the rain!! woo hoo! im getting all sorts of conditions to play in. this thing was sticking to the side of a pretty steep hill like it was glued to it. man i love that mower even more today!! cant wait til next year... Even my forman today said he couldnt wait for next spring!

Shep :cool:

10. P. Nelson

P. Nelson LawnSite Member

Thanks for the information. I (knock on wood) have had great results with my hopper. Mine is a 2002 model with only 120 hours on it. I've talked to alot of hopper owners in the area and didn't hear anything but good results. I hope mine doesn't do what yours did. In this area I see (in this order) mostly hopper then exmark, then hustler. Good luck with your exmark I know that it will be an excellent investment.:)