demode

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by awm, May 6, 2001.

1. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i demode husky,bobcat and hustler.all were similar to my exmark except the hustler. how come you hustler guys are keeping the smooth controlls a secrete.
    two different hustlers an they were so smooth that it really made a significant impact on me.in other words i want mine to do that or a hustler one.the dealer said
    he makes sales all the time by using the same sales approach with others. lets hear about it hustler guys.
    any drawbacks to the hustler.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

AWM, I guess you haven't tryed out a Chopper with Velvet Touch Control yet. They are so smooth, they don't even need any kind of steering dampners on them. They are effortless to run. :)

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

ive heard that velvet was cool Erick . i hadnt heard anyone
    report on this smooth handeling hustler so was very surprized at the degree ,the hustler has managed to
    smoothe controls out.
    would really like to hear from hustler owners.
    how do these stack up .again i think what made the
    impression was the destinctly smoother and easier driving
    of the hustler. ive probably said enough about them as it is a first impression and i dont really know the machine.
    thanks

4. crs

crs LawnSite Member

I have two Excell machines, an older 251k and a realatively new Shortcut. The 251k is not a very smooth machine although it is smoother than some I have tried. The Shortcut is very smooth, also it is very easy to learn to operate this machine. I have demoed the walk behind and the new Hustler Z. Both of these are very smooth as well, and they both work very well on slopes(although I dont know if they will do the 75 degree slopes that were discussed in a thread a few days back).

I have found both of my machines to be reliable. They require very little in the way of daily maintenance,ie no daily grease points. And they are bulit like tanks. Some of the Hustler parts can be on the expensive side, but I have been able to source a lot of things from auto parts stores and Ag equipment suppliers at a great savings.

5. dhicks

dhicks Member

I have a Hustler Hydo W/B and it too is a tank. How was the cut on the Hustler Z ?

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

dont know about cut as the grass there was parched.
    deck looked similar to other ztr s though.
    i was on my exmark today an just couldnt imagine smoother controlls. but that hustler was EASY. VERY IMPRESSED

7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The cut on the Hustler Z is awesome !
    With the blade tip speed at 18,700 fpm and with high lift blades standard, it moves that grass right out and disperses it nicely.
    The unit has heavy duty baffles and is constructed like our walk behind decks, just in a 60 inch version.
    The unit stripes very well with out the need for doubles or a striping kit.
    Anyone in Ohio, upstate Ny, western PA or Wv that would like a demo, I would be happy to do it personaly !!! or call your local dealer.
    Either way we will bring ya a unit and prove its abilities !

8. ScottH

ScottH LawnSite Member

Dito mowerconsultants reply on the Hustler's

He forgot to mention the Z's unbelieveable bagging system

9 bushel rear mount hopper. deck mounted impeller assist
    bagger can be taken off in approx 2 min's

also in addition to a great cut, it is a very good unit on hills.