Demoed a Bush Hog ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by VolRog, May 16, 2004.

1. VolRog

VolRog LawnSite Member

Got to demo a new Bush Hog ZTR this weekend. It was the Kohler 25 HP/61 inch cut. Tried it out on my place, 12 acres of cutting slightly wet grass. No clumping, shot out the small clippings15-20 feet. It was an awesome machine that laid down a beautiful cut, wife said it looked like a golf course. It was solidly built, I can tell you it was a better machine than the Toro I tried. I ordered one after the demo, $7000 after taxes. I know they are new to the commercial market but why is nobody on this board using this machine? Anyone try this machine and then buy something else? I need help here guys.

2. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I have a friend that has had one for 2 seasons and I have personally used it and it is a solid Z. I was looking for a slightly smaller deck so I purchased the 225 Grasshopper.

Good choice for knocking down some grass!!!!!

Tim

3. moremow

moremow LawnSite Member
    from roanoke

I was wondering about the overall dependablity of the bush hog. Looks like a strong machine. The 55" deck ztr will fit perfect on my trailer. Not sure how long they have been making ztr's is my only problem. Dont want to spend 7,000 on them and find some real problems.

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

As I've said before in a few other bush hog threads....

I never had much luck with their tractor implements.

5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

We were almost set on getting one last year before we bought a new ferris this year. We looked the machine over really good and tried it out but we decided on the ferris for a lot more money becaiuse we mow rough ground and wanted suspension. The 61" around here sells for $7450. I'm sure their dependable because they have been making tractor implements for 30 years or longer.

6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Looked at them 4-5 years ago, but the dealer was about 75 miles away, they looked good though. I did'nt try one out though.