Demoed a Great Dane Scamper today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnkid, Aug 16, 2002.

1. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Just demoed a Great dane Scamper today with the loop handles. On a scale of 1-10 I give it a 6. first of all it was a bit confusing to control but after about an hour it was ok. Second, the cut was prety good, but the stries absolutley sucked. It says in the book that it is the best striping mower in the industry. Yeah right! Oh well. The thing I like was the fact that it could turn like a zero turn rider. You can turn to the right and the left wheel you can reverse so it was prety cool. It was also a 48" so I wasn't real thrilled abou that either and they don't make them any wider any more. I'll stick to my SCAG!:D
  2. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

So, since you're going in the right direction, find a Hustler dealer, and see how to do right!!!! And, I "don't mean Wright"!!!! I tried the Hustler and gave it an 11 out of 10.......What the Hell do I know, I alway look for the easy, lazy, simple way. I found it.......
  3. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

petes' right try the Hustler, it is the easiest i've run, very user friendly and smooth!
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Try A 2002 Turf tracer With the 23 Kohler and a 52 Or 60" Ultracut deck. You Can run Doubles And It's great with all The Update's. Check It Out On You won't Regreat It.:blob3:
  5. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

The closest hustler dealer is like more than an hour away and parts would therefore be a problem but the nearest Exmark dealer is like 20 minutes away so I don't mind going over ther cause i'm goinna be working in that area anyway. The Turf Tracer with ECS was gonna be my next choice. i forgot to add that the Scamper did an excellent job on hills though. i'll try to schedule a demo for like next week if I can.
  6. Doc Pete

Who needs parts. I don't understand. Maybe that's the problem with other mowers. I've got 40 lawns, and I've yet to need any parts after more than two years with the same machines.............
  7. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

What machines are you running? I wan't what you got!!!

I hope you knocked on wood when you wrote "who needs parts" because nothing lasts forever, and when your machine does break, you wouldn't want to be without it for 2 weeks waiting on something.

8. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Come to the Kansas City BBQ and see the Flex-Deck on a 36" eXmark Viking- it will blow your mind

Thanks, Brad:D
  9. Doc Pete

Sorry, I just don't get it. My bobcats and Hustlers never give/gave me a problem. Heck, I once needed gears for an old Peerless Trans, but the Local Distributor had them in stock and I was running the next day. And, that was on an old "Bearcat" snowblower.
    I do my own work, though and don't rely on any dealers......OH, though I work alone, that's why I have two WB's, just in case one has a problem. Hell, I changed over from a 17 to 25 kaw on my WB, which the manufacturor said wouldn't fit, which it did, including a full change from pull start to battery electric start, all in one day.......
  10. Doc Pete

If you'd put it on a machine without those suicide pistol grips, I may take a look. I can't believe anyone really still uses those things. Hey, I fly R/C Helicopters and can't afford any hand problems, while hovering inverted at 6"........ get rid of the dumb levers:D :D