demoed a new lazer Z with 60 triton deck and 27 Kohler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John_Deere Nut, Aug 22, 2006.

1. John_Deere Nut

John_Deere Nut LawnSite Member

About a week ago I got a chance to demo the new triton deck that exmark has came out with. I was able to keep it for a few days and at the end of the demo I did not wan to give it back. The cut it left was zmazing. The first yard i cut was my granny's yard. Normally with my 52 Lazer HP it takes me 2.5 hrs to cut it. However, with the 60 triton deck I was able to cut it in one hour. And this was with the yard full of bayo a foot tall. I was amazed and stunned at the quality of cut that it gave. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give the new deck a 9.5

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I think the TRITON does real well on southern grasses. Your old Trivantage 52" was a good deck....just a few steps behind the old 60" UC.

Were you happy with the power?

3. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Contrary to what people say on here local guys have been raving about the Triton deck. I don't have one so I can't say.

4. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I tried my friends new lazer z. same make up- 60/27. I also loved the deck but then again im happy with my old ultracut.

5. 2nd Chance

2nd Chance LawnSite Member
    from Texas

What makes the Triton deck superior to the previous deck exmark used , I'm not being smart a** ,I am asking a question becuase I don't know . Is it deeper, or something about the baffling ?what gives?

6. tru turf

tru turf LawnSite Member

THATS WAY THEY MADE THE TRITON FOR THE SOUTHER GRASSES AND TO CUT GRASS REALLY SHORT, BUT UP HEAR YOU CANT TELL A DIFFERANCE.:usflag:

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Deeper deck and adjustable baffles for different cutting conditions

8. John_Deere Nut

John_Deere Nut LawnSite Member

Overall there was enough power for the normal cutting conditions, but if the grass got too thick I would have to slow down and give the engine a chance to catch up. If I was going to mulch with it, I would defiantely get a bigger engine.