1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Demoed an Exmark Lazer and.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Aug 22, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

It was a 66" Triton deck 25hp Kholer. I was impressed with the speed of it and the over-all power but I was not impressed with the finish it left. This is only the second Z-Turn I have ever mowed with but my Toro W/B leaves a hell of a better finish. I noticed no striping and the grass clippings didn't seem to be dispersed any more than with my Toro, I would have thought this machine would have thrown the clippings 2 or 3 passes over but instead it just put them a row over. It may just be me but other than the little bit of time savings, its not worth $8895.00 IMO. The only thing I would have liked to use was a bagger attatchment to see how much time that would save as well. Like I said, very impressed with the power but if that is the kind of finish all of these Z-turns leave, I'll spend another 5-10 minutes at a property with a W/B.
  2. David W

David W LawnSite Senior Member

Your dealer may not have had the deck adjusted right for the type of grass you were cutting.

I heard Exmark were having a problem with these new Triton decks when they first came out but it should have been taken care of by now.
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The TRITON has a LOT of issues. Northern grass QOC is one of it's biggies. The discharge velocity didn't impress me either.

I guess it was the 27hp Kohler you demo'd? They haven't had a 25 Kohler for a few years now.
  4. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Give it alittle time. Exmark finally found a solution for the 56" deck, I guess the 60 and 66 has alot more issues though and they're still working on it.
  5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Test drive the AS model with the 25 hp 60" cut. It has the old deck and cost less.
  6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Yeah sorry, it was the 27 Kholer. They made me an offer for next year, 50" 27 Kholer with 2 bagger collection system, striping kit, mulch kit including tax....under 9k. Its very tempting but the wife says:nono: till next year when we pay off our new trailer.
  7. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know if some of you are aware, but the triton has an adjustable discharge baffle just for your issue. Up here in the north where the grass is thick and wet.......the baffle will be set different then in the south where the grass is dry and sparse.
  8. David W

David W LawnSite Senior Member

I concur...our local dealer said the same thing. Exmark and most of it's dealers have already taken steps to fix this. So my dealer says.
  9. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

My triton throws the clippins 10 feet no problem. Unless I'm mowing wet/tall.
  10. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

the 2007 triton deck will be diferent than the 06...but will have the same triton stamp on It.We will just have to wait and see in the fall when there new machines go on the market.