1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Demoed the Vantage 36" today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cvcook, Jan 14, 2011.

1. cvcook

cvcook LawnSite Member

Took a while to get used to the steering, maybe because I have gear drive walk behinds and ZTR's. it felt pretty good except the platform sat a little high off the ground and made the handles feel kinda low, maybe because I'm 6'6 IDK. I think if I wasn't so tall with a bad back, I would take it for sure because I am a Exmark guy. I know alot of ppl love these mowers, but I think I will go with another small ZTR to replace my Phazer. I think this is a great mower, so please don't go bashing me for my opinion, trust me, I was really interested in buying one but it's just not for me:angry:

2. BadRancher

BadRancher LawnSite Fanatic

Haven't seen them yet, but I'll look them up. I'm a big time Exmark guy myself, but everyone will have something they don't like about their favorite product. If you are 6'6" plus back problems, I can see how you may have some comfort issues on a small platform mower like that.

3. BrunoT

BrunoT LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure it'll be a while before anyone actually cuts with one, but I'm eager to hear about them.

4. mowandgo84

mowandgo84 LawnSite Member

I just bought one yesterday and it is awesome. Very responsive. The price was $6599 plus tax. I mowed a small yard with it right after i got it and it did great. I think this will be a great addition to my company.

5. Green Acres Lawn CAre

Green Acres Lawn CAre LawnSite Member

Is there not snow on the ground up in OK still?

6. Jlawnmow

Jlawnmow LawnSite Member

The high today was 78!!! the day befor was low 70s. Needless to say the snow is gone.