Demoed the Wright ZK today!!!!!WOW!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KCfireman, Jun 30, 2008.

1. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

I demoed the ZK today and all i can say is WOW!!!!! It had the 31HP Kaw with the 61" deck. Almost to much power for that machine. Wright is going to come out with a 72" ZK and a 52" ZK. The Mower stand plate was incredibly smooth. There are two springs under it and it literally felt like you were on a trampoline. It was a full floating deck which i loved. Its top speed was 14 M.P.H!! It was extremely fast for that size of a mower. My dealer told that that unit was going for $10,500!!!!! I thought that was one hell of a price for that mower and its the fact that its a Wright also. I think this might be my next mower instead of the fixed wright 52". Does anybody else have experience with the ZK. Give me some feedback. Tell me about your demo.

2. KCfireman

anybody???

3. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a thread asking this a day or two ago, did not get a lot or replies at first but seemed to pick up at the end. Look for it, in fact I will bump it so you can read what came in. I agree with you on the Zk, it seems like a nice piece of equipment to say the least. Wonder if you can mulch with it, did you ask? Also check the Wright thread in the sponser area, might get some info from the rep and others wright owners.

4. KCfireman

i think i will. All i can say is just from driving it in the parking lot i was thoughrly impressed. I think im going to pick one up tomorrow or wed. to mow a couple of accounts to see how well it cuts.

5. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

keep me informed I would love to know what you think. Also if you don't mind, ask the dealer if they have a mulch kit for them.

6. KCfireman

i will. I cant wait to mow with that beast. I will take pictures of the cuts it makes also and pic of the machine.

7. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Sweet! Could you try cutting at different speeds to please?

8. KCfireman

Dont worry!!! I put her on full throtle in the parking lot and it easyily reached 14 mph in about 1 to 2 seconds. I think this could be my next mower and you cant beat that price. 61" w/ 31 Hp Kaw for $10,500!!!! One hell of a price for that machine.

9. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Cool! Thanks, I'm just curious to see if this mower can cut at 14 mph. Think it can?

10. KCfireman

with that 31 Hp engine....absolutley!!!! I think this is going to be the mower that wright just blows the competition away with when they start mass producing it. All these other makes Like Everide, Great Dane and Gravely????Their done!!!! Those mowers are built so cheap and that why you can buy a 52" from them for $5,000. I hate how people are like oh wright is to expensive so im gonna go guy a cheaply built everide or great dane. IMO those mowers are CRAP!!!!!