Demoed Walker today, WOW!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ranger520, Nov 22, 2002.

1. ranger520

ranger520 LawnSite Member

I demoed a walker today for the first time. For leaf removal I do not think that anything could beat it. The one I demoed had a 26hp efi on it and that had ample power. I just could not believe how well it manuvered around obsticles. I believe that I have made my decision. There will be a Wlker in my fleet inMarch. I you have not driven one, do it, you will not regret it. I also got to demo there areater for the walker, even though it was a proto type it was amazing.

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Now you need to change your signature. Great to hear that you like the walker.
  3. ranger520

ranger520 LawnSite Member

Sorry buddy, the sig will never change. The Boat is always the first priority. Hahaha! You have to have something to work for. No, if I had more then four days left in my season here, I would have just had him leave it and send me the papers.
  4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I love my Walker, just turned over 30 hours on it today. What a leaf eating machine it is. That thing picks up leaves that have been rained on and are literally stuck to the bare dirt. I finally clogged it good today cuz everything was so wet and thick + I was really rolling. Easy to unclog though.

Problem is now in need one of these.......
    Check out the video.
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Demo a Lazer with ultra vac before you make your decision.
  6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Ultra vac on Oak leaves.

ultravac running.jpg
  7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Another one...

ultravac running2.jpg
  8. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree w/ Hoss 100%. I would put my Lazer HP 52 up against a Walker any day. I know it bags just as well. You have two easy to dump bags on the Lazer. I can have the Ultra Vac off in 30 seconds, and then I have a super productive non-bagging mower. :) ;) :) ED
  9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I have been running a Walker for 5 seasons and would not trade it for anything. I use it on properties that have access problems such as narrow gates. I do run 60" and 72" ZTR's also, but the Walker is in a class by itself. Since getting it, I have gotten rid of all but one mid-size walkbehind, and the 21" trim mowers hardly ever leave the trailer. We are beating the heck out of our competitors on leaf cleanups on gated yards.:D
  10. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

when i demo Walker ghs models, i throw a newspaper down...and suck up every piece!!!

let's see that big bulky mower with it's vac do that!!!

you better never bet me on that, cause i'll own your machine!!

don't get me wrong, Exmark makes a super machine, and the vac does good with leaves.....but......

i've never seen any mower that bags come close to competing with the Walker GHS mowers..