Demographics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scotts' Yard Care, May 19, 2006.

1. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

I'm just curious how many people are in your service area. Our county has roughly 21,000 plus people and an area of 400 square miles. Given the cost of fuel we're trying to keep our route 15 miles or less one way and grouped tightly. Without referring to the phone book and just doing a rough guess, I'd say we have 2-3 major full service landscapers, ten smaller up and comers
    that do major work,35-40 small guys like me that do light work but mostly mowing and uncountable people who mow in addition to other work. Guesses on my part from the amount of trailers going down the road and from glancing at the local papers and yellow pages.

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

My county is about the same size area, but around 1 million residents.

Unfortunately, 500,000 of those are running LCO's...:laugh:

Seriously there are literally hundreds of LCOs working in my general service area. I see several everyday that I've never seen before.

3. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

Gosh I'm not shure, it is verey rural here, there was about 3 major LCO here 5 years ago (we were one) now there is like 5 billion

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

12,000,000 people in our service area..............but then again we service accts all over the state... :eek: