Demoing a Takeuchi TB138FR mini. :)

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by BIGBEN2004, Mar 11, 2008.

1. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

They just dropped it off today. I am going to play on it for the next week to try it out. So far today I put about 4 Hours on it and I like it allot. That machine is a perfect size machine for what I want. It has allot of power and the cab is a nice size for being on a mini zero turn. I really like the boom design on how it shifts from side to side it works very effectively. I told them to price it out with a hydraulic thumb and a swivel quick attach. With out those two options it is already $45,000 so I would figure it would be around $50,000-$52,000 after I add those two things. I will put it though some good work over the next week so I can see how well it performs. So far it feels good. Looks very heavy built. I will try to get some pictures of it for you all.

2. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

whats the bucket break out force and arm digging force on that machine? what model bobcat and cat are matched against that mini your demoing?

3. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

thats a good size machine. It digs a little over 11 feet, and weighs around 8,100. i think

4. BIGBEN2004

I would say I think it compares to the Bobcat 430 ZHS G and the Cat 303.5C CR. That is a close comparison. I compared them on Deere's web site. It also compared pretty well to the Deere 35D. The numbers always seem very close on Mini's so it seems the only way to see how good they are is seat time.
    http://www.deere.com/specsapp/servl...pecscompare.view.servlets.SpecsCompareServlet
    Take a look it doesn't give you all the numbers but it gives you some to compare them.

5. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of work will you be doing with the mini? Is that price including cab with heat, A/C?

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That price is bang on for one I was quoted too back in February, isn't that weird, usually prices differ across the line.

7. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

You can get in a TB153 for close too that.

Me personally tha machine is a Bastard size just like all the other machines of that weight.
    They carry almost the same footprint as a 5/6 ton machine.

That machine is in the same class as TB135 power wise and they can be bought in the mid 30k range.No way that machine is worth 50k.
    The TB153 is only a few thousand more than a TB145.

It will out spec any machine on the market .

8. BIGBEN2004

The only reason I would go with that size machine is because of the width. I need the narrow size of that machine. It was quoted at $45,000 with cab, quick attach bucket, Aux. hydraulics, cab, heat, a/c, radio, 24" bucket. The reason I said it would probally be around the $50,000 mark is because I want dual Aux. hydraulics, Hyd. thumb, and a swivel knuckel to be able to angle the bucket. Also I want a 36" flat edge bucket like a grade all bucket. I figure after all that it will run the price up at or around the 50 K mark.