Demolition

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Commonwealth LC, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Commonwealth LC

Commonwealth LC LawnSite Member

Ive got to demo a 10,500 sq.ft asphalt driveway that is upto around 4" thick. What are my options for getting this waste out? this many 20 or 30 cubic yard trucks? etc?

thanks
    josh

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Contact your waste company and see about getting a 40 yard roll off bin. I'd estimate at least 4 loads.

10500 / 3 (assuming its 4" thick) = 3500 cubic feet / 27 = 129 cubic yards, consider that won't be packing it in perfectly tight.

3. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

They probably won't give you bigger than a 20 yd box for asphalt due to the weight.

4. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

If i was you i'd just sub it out to a excavator. They will get it done in less than a day and it will be done neater and cost you less than if you did it yourself.

5. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

No No No.

No waste company.

No roll off dumpsters.

Wanna do this job economically?

Wanna GET the job??

Then sub the entire demo, excavation, and base installation (if you're doing pavers) out to an excavating company.

They will be 3 times quicker, thus saving 3 times the amount of money.

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Or just higher SunScaper and his guys will pack it all out in wheelbarrows in less than 2 hours.

7. mrusk

LOL yea!

Seriously, it will be so much cheaper subbing it out! Containers are handy, but they are expensive! Atleast in my area. I pay about $350 for a 10 yard and i think 500 for a 20.

The company i deal with lets me put rock, dirt, conrete basically anything but wood in the dumpsters.

8. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

Around here if it is just concrete or asphalt we pay $300 for a 20yd dumpster. Subbing it out is good when your busy and have way to much work ahead of you, but i would kill for a nice little job like that right now. You can do it with the freezing temp. we have been having, you really don't need any help, and what else are you going to do. I think that's a nice little project to do now.

9. mrusk

Oh yea right now i'd love for a job like that! Way better working on a driveway tear out than on my lawnsite post count!

10. Foz

Foz LawnSite Member

Wait until Late February or early March & sub it to me when I get there! :D