Denny Mcewon Drives me nuts

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dandd75, Apr 4, 2010.

1. dandd75

dandd75 LawnSite Member

If any of you live in Southern Ohio you will know what I am talking about. He gives homeowners some of the most inaccurate advice one could. He is now telling people that Barricade(offered to homeowners in Fertilomes All seasons Lawn food with .38 Prodiamine) that it will prevent ALL weed seeds from coming up in the turf. Just put this down and no dandys he says! Even when any homeowner could read the label and see that it of course says only the normal weeds that barricade takes care of.
    Now he is telling people that even though barricade lasts for 8 months you will have very good luck with fall overseeding if you just lightly break up the soil!
    Drives me batty!!

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

sounds like toby tobin from here. he may be a pro, but gives some very inaccurate advice

3. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

We got one of those here also.Last summer he said the best thing for Jap beatles was beatle bags :dizzy:I wish I would never see another beatle bag again :hammerhead:

4. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

The beetle bags work great for Japanese beetles. One turf professor recommends them. He buys several every year and gives them to his neighbors for Fathers Day. His neighbors get the beetles, he does not. It all depends where you put them. Location, Location, Location.

5. SeedPro

SeedPro LawnSite Bronze Member

I love it.

6. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I tell customers to give them as gifts also :) I love it when people say I cant imagine how many I would have if I didnt have these.

7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

dont they just attract them to the bags?? hence more come toyour trees than normal!

8. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

yes, that's the whole point of giving them to your neighbors' .They'll draw more jap beeltes to their properties & less to yours. :)

9. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

We have "Dr. Dirt" Dick Crum here on the radio and has a column in the newspaper. telling people they only need to fertilize in the fall, treat for grubs and get rid of your moles. put down your pre m on April 15th. and that Lawncare companies are a waste of money.

10. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We have a guy like that too. Our local NBC affiliate has a weekend TV show where homeowners can call in (live) for his advice.

Here's just one example:
    Q: "I have creeping Charlie. How do I get rid of it?"
    A: "Kill your lawn with glysophate. We sell it at our stores. Then you'll have to reseed. We have the seed too."

:laugh: