Dense People

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by firefightergw, Apr 7, 2006.

1. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

Had a customer that I signed a contract with this week from one of my flyers. Mowed later in week. He calls the next day and says he still had weeds in his yard. I thought we might have missed a few with the weed-eater but after talking with him I find out he was talking about the weeds IN HIS YARD that were cut when we mowed. I couldn't help myself. I told him "Well, mowing doesn't kill weeds and make them disappear". He said, "Well, your flyer says weed control on it." I explained that "my flyer also had seasonal planting, mulch and a whole list of services that we provide at an additional price but you only signed up for our Basic Service". Contract is very specific and there is no way he could not tell he was not getting the other items especially when I specifically told him that we would "mow, line trim, and blow clippings". Anyway, the guys hangs up. I don't get some people. :hammerhead:
  2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Did you explain that when he signed with you..what he was going to get with the service he chose?Sounds to me like you weren't clear to him about what was included in the basic service.
  3. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a real PITA. I would cancel him
  4. firefightergw

from Texas

There is no way any half way intellegent person could have misunderstood. My contract has my schedule of services on it and I fill in the price per visit for each item listed. The number of annual visits is on the schedule and I put an annual price. It specifically list everything and says "THIS CONTRACT COVERS ONLY THOSE SERVICES WHICH ARE CHECKED". There is a place at the bottom where their credit card information is placed that repeats this line.

I don't buy it. He either knew what he was getting or needs some help.
  5. firefightergw

from Texas

Had another customer I signed a contract with this week. My helper and I had scheduled 15 lawns that day. We show up and start mowing. He and his wife run out and tell us they want us to scalp it and bag it. I told them we didn't have time that day and would have to return later in the week as well as charge them more. We agreed upon a price but they said if we couldn't do it that day they were not going to use us this year but someone else. I said, "I wish you well".
  6. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Best to weed these out guys out early in the season, good grief.