Dentco

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnpro724, Apr 3, 2008.

1. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I just received a call from a Dentco rep about taking care of some properties in the area I service. They sent me out a price for services they are willing to pay along with the schedule they want the services provided in. The prices they are willing to pay are reasonable and are close to what I would charge anyway. Has anyone worked for this company? if so how did it go?

2. lawnpro724

Does anyone do any work with this company?

3. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I did a Target Store once thru dentco - they were slow pay, and ended up refusing to come up with the last $540 they owed.

4. lawnpro724

So you didn't get paid or did it just take forever? Why did they refuse to pay to begin with? Did they set the price and you accept or did you set your own price? They are offering me several places in the future if I accept the one they have now.

5. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

Listen To Flex Deck!!!!!!!!!! This Is How This Company Operates!!!!!! Slow Slow Pay----constant Phone Tag--bellyachin----then They Do Their Best To Screw You Out Of Your Last Few Months--which Is Where You Profit Is!!! One Of The Worst Companies We Have Dealt With In 35 Years.

6. lawnpro724

The price they are offering for the business they want me to take care of is pretty good. We have a drought during summer just about every year and I would still be getting paid even if I didn't mow. There has to be someone who has good luck with them. They handle several businesses in our area so they can't be as bad as everyone is saying. Slow pay doesn't bother me as long as I get paid. I have plenty of work this year and it would be even more with Dentco. The post earlier about not getting paid doesn't make sense to me. If you did quality work then why did you not get paid? Did you do something without authorization? Something doesn't make sense. I have never not been paid by any commercial or national account but it does take some time. I have never worked with Dentco before so I'm looking for some more information on them.

7. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

so what were you asking and wassting our time for-----we have all learned the hard way--i hope you lose your ass at the end of teh year like so many other people this company has screwed

8. lawnpro724

Can't be wasting to much of your time if you just sitting on lawnsite. I hope things go well for you this year. We? I have only heard from a couple of you and I just spoke with another company in our area that has been doing work with them for a couple years now with good results. Like I have said I have never not been paid by any commercial or national company even though they can be very slow pay but they have always paid. I have been around in this business for over 20yrs and have learned a lot in that time especially how to collect on past due accounts. I have wrote many posts on this site and I have never said to anyone that I hope they lose their ass in this business. Go back to bed.

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

had one co. Like this contaic me, I went and looked at one of there places and then shot them a bid...

they told me the budget was only XXX,,,, about 30 less that my bid...

I said ok... they then shot me a package "through e-mail" I had to do this do that and do the other,,,,then I had to submit my invoice by a certain date other wise I would NOT get paid....

I told them no thanks.......

too much hasle

10. jrush

jrush LawnSite Member

I can honestly say, I would love to hit them in the face with my shovel. :waving: I will never, ever, have anything to do with them again.
    and yes, they suck to deal with, make you jump through hoops, they tell you what you will be paid and yes, they still owe me money.