Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by wriken, Jan 9, 2003.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I've occasionally seen billboards in my area for the "Paintless Dent Removal". Billboards usually said something like "most dents $75".

I work part time at a detail shop and do mostly cars from used car dealers. They pay a service to come to thier lot and take out small dents. They refer to them as "ding pingers"! LOL!

wriken, I saw that DingKing product at a local auto supply store the other day. If you try it, let us know how it works (or doesn't).

Good luck.
  2. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

I know a man here in Charlotte that works for Dent Wizard. They remove dents without having to sand and repaint. They do a great job too! Anyway, He said since they started selling those do it yourself dent repair kits at the auto store that their dent removing business has taken off. He sees cars come in with one original dent and then 2 new dents from the kit the people buy. He ends up fixing all the new dents. :eek:
  3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

We have a guy here in town that uses dry ice to remove dents. I had a buddy that took his car to him, looked great couldn't even tell the dent was there. I'm not sure how its done, but it involves dry ice.
  4. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

I heard of the dry ice thing once being used to remove dents and ripples from hydrofoils. Not sure how it works but I think they heat the dented area and then apply the dry ice to the deep part of the dent. The metal draws up and pulls the dent out. That is how it was told to me. I dont know about using that on a painted surface but sounds like a good idea.