Denver Colorado LCO's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tulsa Lawn Guy, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Tulsa Lawn Guy

Tulsa Lawn Guy LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

I'm getting ready to move to the Denver area this spring and would like to continue my business up there. I'm wondering though, how long the growing season is...as in average number of cuts per year.

I'm thinking that northern grasses would be more resilient to the colder weather, thus hopefully the season will be relatively long considering the climate.

Also, I'm all ears for any information you Denver guys can give me! Dealers, marketing resources, and any other helpful tid bits!

Thanks for the info!

Ryan

2. sethsodsquad

sethsodsquad LawnSite Member

In Longmont the growing season is about March/April to about September/October. It all depends on the lawn though - fert. application/grass type/customer type . . . also always have lots of leaf jobs past growing season though.

For dealers, I use Elwood Power Equipment in Erie - they're nice. For ones in Denver . . . I just heard about Horizon-Denver. Apparently they are good.

Don't go to Longs Peak Equipment or Alamia. That's what I've heard. I also don't like Longs Peak Equipment because they treat me terribly.

I believe that there is a Horizon in Arizona you might be familiar with - they have a Horizon in Denver . . . http://www.horizononline.com/

Seth

3. Tulsa Lawn Guy

Tulsa Lawn Guy LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply seth.

I'm going to target small residential properties in communities around Denver. Yards that could be mowed quickly with a 21" mower.

I'm coming out to Denver next month to look around and hopefully find a place to live. Do you have any suggestions on neighborhoods that would fit the profile of the size yards I'm interested in?

Thanks again for the help!

Ryan

4. sethsodsquad

sethsodsquad LawnSite Member

I live in Longmont, which is South of Denver. I won't be able to help you out with specific lawns.

Seth