Depierro Lawns Fall '09 pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DLAWNS, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Chestnut Oaks Prez

Chestnut Oaks Prez LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good Man! I remember when I was little doing clean-ups with a rake:cry:, blowers are the trick.:) I think you need a Big Depierro Logo Graphic on that office wall?:usflag: Missing all these leaf clean-ups this season but my yard is a big enough headache with the leaves. Have a good Christmas!

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks Prez....I'm definitely thinking a graphic for the office wall would be awesome. I'll have to call you guys in the winter to get that going. How ya healing up?

3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

looks great bill as usual. I like the loader setup and the action pics of it. You gotta get some while dumping.

One question, something I always wondered, when blowing out beds with the big blowers how do you keep the mulch in? What little leaves we get down here when I blow them out the mulch comes with. If I take it easy on power I can't get all the leaves out from under the shrubs.

My few accounts with a lot of leaves have no mulch left and I thought about selling the customer some but it would just be a pain when blowing out beds this time of year.

4. NEWGUYRI

NEWGUYRI LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry for the off-topic question, but what would you recommend to bring the soil ph up, I have an area at a customers lawn and grass just won't grow, would a lime treatment work. Also what would you recommend for a first app of the year? Thanks

5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Just throw fert on there and give it plenty water and you'll be straight!

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I never thought to take any of the truck dumping. I'll have to do that one of these times. Yeah man, a lot of the mulch does come out with the blowers, it just happens, I usually try to do my best keep it in their but its pretty much impossible, and most people mulch yearly anyway, so its not the end of the world to them.

7. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I lime treatment could help to bring up the PH, did you do a soil sample in that area. That would be your best bet to know what you need to help the area....also is it shady? or wet? or compacted soil? In my area I do a 19-0-6 w/ dimension pre emergent treatment. I hope that steers you in the right direction.

8. NEWGUYRI

NEWGUYRI LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, the area is shady, and wet/compacted. I have used a shade grass seed blend, it's irrigated, and I have added topsoil/loosened the soil up. Thanks for the advice, I haven't had the soil tested but based on my experience I'd say the only reason why seed does not grow there is high/low ph.

9. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I would try some lime but in my yard I have an area that is all shade and grass will grow for part of the year but during the summer it just kind of dyes out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. GreenGiant94

GreenGiant94 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good. How do you like your Billy Goat truck loader?