dept. of Ag. inspection

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by stumper1620, Oct 27, 2006.

1. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, spent several hours being inspected the other day, found out My flags did'nt meet the new requiements, bought them this year preprinted from a sponsor. they don't say Caution on them. Damn, I didn't notice that when I bought them, didn't realize it either until pointed out. now I have a 1000 sticks and worthless posters. inspectors said, take them in and have it added to what ihave left or get new, just don't use anymore of those. ( crap) I can't apply until I correct this. they were happy with my paper work, equipment and storage. minor delema in the mixing pad area. and a few minor changes need to be made on statement of service.
    All in all, I think I came out pretty good, No penalties yet, but, waiting for an Email of findings. then the official stuff in the mail.
    Stress level on high. I hate waiting.:confused: :confused:

2. Lawnmasters

Lawnmasters LawnSite Member

I feel for you Steve, I have a new inspector in my area, she is trying to make a name for herself getting started. I have seen her 6 times this year. Previous inspector didn't come by 6 times in 17 years. All in all though, she has been helpful and I have developed a friendly relationship with her and sicked her on a few unlicensed scabs.

3. stumper1620

I think I'm in good shape, I just wish a cut and dried answer before leaving would have been nice. I hate waiting to see if what I consider minor turns expensive and damaging.
    no matter what, without a straight response on site, it rises the stress level.

4. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Use a sharpe. lol

5. stumper1620

Ya, that will get me by for now, I hate the idea of over 500 times doing that.
    but it will work until i can get new. last round anyway. most pest apps. are done, just hit and miss herb and Grub apps now.

6. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

go to office max and get a stamp made theyre less than 20 bucks.

7. stumper1620

Excellent idea, I will get on that this evening. I'll be near there when me and the wife go to dinner, should only take a miniute to order.
    or maybe I can do that online now, gotta go see.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Geez oh Pete....THERE'S one of the best ideas - I mean in the aspect that it is so suitable to the problem at hand, that I've heard in a long time! Such a simple solution, and such a great answer (to the whole dilemna).

9. stumper1620

Joe, I could'nt believe that I missed that not being on my postings,
    They have the new layout, the colors, the no entry, the removal time and don't have the caution, I ordered those back in Jan. and didn't really even look them over, just figured I was set for the season, posted with them all year and never noticed:cry: :cry: :cry: they were supposed to meet the latest requirements. apparently not Michigan's.
    Oh, the stamp is ordered in the largest font they can use on them, I think it was a 36, state requires a 39, I figure a sharpie will cure it If I need too, but that should be close enough to get rid of whats left.
    I mean they didn't measure the font. think they will be able to tell?

10. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Drives me nuts when the state comes to inspect us. Usually they show up at the office and then call or wait till I come in. Everything is in order but they spend tooooo much time on paperwork...get out! go catch someone unlicensed doing an app. go stop a landscaper with round up...