desiel or gas

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by dudley, Dec 20, 2008.

1. dudley

dudley LawnSite Member

yea gravel rat i hope u dont caculate chemicals for spray apps like u do oil in ur truck.wow that would not be pretty!

2. dudley

dudley LawnSite Member

I no there is no comparison while towing something very heavy but i dont pull anything over 10000lbs

3. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

for the weights you are pulling i think you would be happy with the GM truck you descibed.
    good luck with it.

4. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

I don't get it with these towing claims. A gasser tows just as well, and responsive unlike the lame diesel. For construction companies it may be worth while, but not for most LCOs.

Worst purchase I made in my life : a diesel truck.

5. Jerry Lee

Jerry Lee LawnSite Senior Member

responsive:confused: maybe unloaded!! but ul never out tow a diesel.. heck even a diesel not towing will wip up on an unleaded truck. and towing with a diesel you will get far better fuel mileage, and less ware and tare on the motor over time than stressing ur gasser trying to pull a heavy load. im not bashing you i just dont agree with what you have to say.

6. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

You guys that are paying $120 for an oil change need to learn how to use a wrench, it costs be around $50-60 for an oil change. I don't care if it's gas or diesel if you don't how to change your oil your going to be paying alot to fix anything as soon as any shop learns you don't know anything about engines. It all comes down to personal preference, I love my diesels and when will people learn there is less maintance on a diesel.

7. Jerry Lee

Jerry Lee LawnSite Senior Member

only $50 or $60! man when its all said and done we spend about $115 changing the oil, buying Rotella and a new oil and fuel filter at Oriellys. the dealer does it cheaper than what we can. r u buying cheap oil??

8. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

I change for $25-30 on Valvoline Premium Blue.

9. SimonCX

Not sure where you buy oil but I get it on sale at walmart or auto zone for $10-11 per gal of 15w-40, plus $18 for powerstroke filter at the dealer or ac delco for duramax is about $9. Duramax takes 3 gals so thats about $44 and the powerstroke takes 3.5 gals so its about $20 more. If I get filters in bulk at fleetguard or other online dealers it's cheaper. It is nowhere near $115. Diesel filters at the ford dealership were less then $30 and the chevy is alittle cheaper.

10. SimonCX

Forgot to mention I also use Rotella.