desiel trucks vs. gas trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by sirsweatsalot, Dec 4, 2002.

1. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

just wondering who here runs desiel and who runs gas and the reasons for doing so.
  2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

If i remember correctly, Brickman runs a Dodge gasser:confused: :D :D
  3. maclawnco

That pic of lawn choupique on you avatar drives me crazy, man thats a goofy looking sucker:D :D :D :laugh:
  4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I could not stop laughing either the first few times i saw it.

I noticed that in your avitar your wife looks different. I cant quite place what is different, could it be the hair style?;) (just teasing)
  5. Sometimes she's just like that rottweiler mean as hell :D :D :D
  6. Back to the subject gas is cheaper up from but in the long it pays to get a diesel.They last longer less maintainence and they have a much longer life.
    Milage is much better on a diesel.The duramax we have for work gets better mileage even when pulling a load then our big block gassers get empty.
    My dad gets over 20 mile to a gallon hauling a huge *** boat around all over the place.
  7. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Ford PSD...2K F-350.
    MPG's with mine vs. the F-150 I had with the 4.6 Triton is like night and day. Towing with the 150,lucky to see 8-10 per. gal.
    With the PSD towing or not the mpg. checks have been between 17.4 and the best @ 18.64.
    Maintenance is an issue with diesels but it's not too tough.(i.e.-fuel filter,keeping the air filter clean,cavitation additive in the cooling system,etc.)

Insurance for me is about the same. Commercial coverage was almost the same on the 150. Fuel costs are less over a years time.

Weight is an issue for me also. I wanted a heavier truck. The one ton does the job and then some.

I'll take the diesel over a gasser anytime.
  8. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

odin i'll have you know i have to clean the milk off the computer screen and my keyboard.:D :D :D
  9. Sorry bubbleboy:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :laugh::laugh:
  10. GreginAlaska

GreginAlaska Banned

Diesel...because they sound cool and I can afFORD them

Best dog I ever had was a Rottie....:cry: