Design Help Literature?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Tri-City GroundWorx, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Tri-City GroundWorx

Tri-City GroundWorx LawnSite Member

Does anyone know of any good books or literature with that can help provoke some thoughts on design work or that has plans that you could use to match up with certain shapes and size houses, I have reached a point right in the middle of a couple of design quotes where it feels like my brain has not got anything else to offer me at this point and need some ideas...these designs need to be turned in to customer real soon so any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

best advice you can get:

go to a bookstore and just look!

there are tons of books on different plants and designs......you'll be suprised at how many and how many different books there are. look through some and find one you like.......i may understand one better than you and the other way around (say text vs pictures)

but it will talk all about not just color as that is actually the last thing to consider in a true design. look at it in a black and white frame of mind, based off of plant shapes and textures, sizes and so forth. THEN you find a plant that will fit those needs + color (color is often only temporary, you have to think of what you'll see once its gone)