design help

Discussion in 'Unique Lighting' started by SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES, Jan 14, 2008.

1. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Joey,

I am working on a project and wanted to see what you though would be the best set up. here is what i have.

17'x19' Pergola set on top of white columns.
    under the pergola is a 12' x 12' horseshoe shaped kitchen with one side of the horse shoe being a bar area.

Here is what i need.

i Know i want Aurora Pendants over the bar but i need area lighting for the whole unit as a whole, then something to down light the columns and a light under the counter top where the bar stools would go. i am looking at the intregal light for this.

the stone work on the unit will be 5 inches think and it will have a black granite top. what fixtures would you suggest for the area lighting and the column lighting?

there will probally be some lighting on the landscape in the back yard also, but i have not drawn up my landscape design yet to know what i will need.

thanks for any help you can provide.

John.

2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

John, Before I answer is there anyway you can provide some photos?

3. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

i don't have any photos. we are taking a grassy back yard and installing a 22x31 paver patio, pergola and kitchen. All of this is nothing more than a design state so far. is there anything else i can provide to help you?

4. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

[​IMG]
    here is a picture of an outdoor kitchen that Utilized our Comet fixture for highlighting the cooking area. Is this kind of what you are looking to do?

5. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

A drawing of the layout with ingress/egress points with relation to the kitchen area. You could also draw out the size and shape of the patio in relation to surrounding structures like the house, trees, shrubs, grass etc.. Would also be helpful to know where the posts will be placed and the direction and length of the cross beams above for light placement and wire chasing. Would also be good to know how tall you are making the overhead structure. If you can put this in a drawing I can scan it into Autocad and help you out.