Design i am working on.

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by mrusk, Jan 31, 2007.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Heres some pics of a design i am working on.

kinelonpool_002.jpg

2. mrusk

I got along ways to go on it.

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Lookin Good!

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

A bit of a hijack...but in 2-3 years I'd like to get a property and put in a pool. As someone who can do the excavation work, and has extensive plumbing ability, do you think I should bother to hire a pool company, or do you think I'd be perfectly capable to DIY?

I'd definitely have a hardscaper come in and do the coping though :)

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

DIY! In addition to what you can do, you'll only need a steel and gunite sub, and a plaster/pebble tec company, and you are done. Maybe someone for flat work for the deck if thats what you want and arent a concrete pro. Most say you can save at least half doing a pool yourself, just the contracting.

Not to hijack your hijack, but I plan to do the same soon. Ive got all the plans ready to go, just time and a bit more dinero.

6. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

Rusk
    it looks really nice. What program are you using to design that?
    Glenn

7. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks great!!!

8. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would think about doing 1 of those 1 piece fiberglass pools my self. There is a guy in my area that is the dombest jackass i have ever seen and is in the pool business, trust me if he does it and makes money at it , any body on this site could pull it off.
    Mike

9. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

yup there is a guy that does them around here that couldn't even get the sprinklers right for my boss at my old job five years ago. The fiberglass pools are the big thing down here, but they do break and actually "pop" out of the ground if not done properly. but i bet that you could figure out how to do it. i still don't know if I'd go ahead with no experience, it could be one hell of an expensive learning curve.

10. mrusk

Fiberglass are the type of pools i install. There is more then just throwing them in the ground.

When installed correctly, the won't pop out of the ground.

Matt