Design outpost art work

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by FERT-TEK, Jul 29, 2004.

1. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Someone from LS PM'd me about the cost for my artwork below is my reply. If anyone wants to copy my work feel free to do so. It is all about networking... I received some help from another guy that was running a contest at the same time as mine. DO NOT COPY HIS WORK WITHOUT HIS PERMISSION. His business is called Lawn-tech and he let me use some things that were leftover from his contest. As much as I like my design I think his is as good or better. Maybe just different. Do a search for Lawn-tech, he had some great work done at designoutpost also. By the way I dont work there or have any outside interest in that website other than good work at a great price. Hmmm.... that might be a good tag line for someone.

Below is my reply to the PM I received

I really like your business card. I checked out DesignOutpost and it looks interesting. Did you bid the minimum for logo/business card design?
    [/quote]

Long story but here it goes....
    I started the original auction for my business logo for a $75 dollar prize. When I started the auction I gave a brief biography of my business and how I intended to use the logo and a start and end date. It included such information as the color scheme I would prefer, features to include such as the striping effect in my oval, tag lines etc. Don't be too specific since they will all look the same let the designers run with it. I had many designers submit logos for my consideration some were great and some were average. Take the time to let each competing designers know what you like or dislike on each design. They usually watch the posts made and will change theres to fit what you like. VERRRRY IMPORTANT keep working with your designers, this is the only way to get exactly what you want and it tells them what you want. Remember that each time you submit a reply it bumps your auction back to the top of the list as it does within lawnsite. This is just as important because it also gives your auction more exposure to designers that may have missed it. Also, I think I got lucky with the design I got for $75.00. If you can afford it make your prize greater if you can, you will see more effort and more designers on your contest for a greater prize. When I narrowed my auction down to three finalists toward the end of my auction that is when you will make the final tweaks to your design. Eventually you have to eliminate some of the competitors anyway. This was the hardest part of the whole thing. When I finally announced my winner and the website awarded the prize the designer will contact you either by PM or e-mail to finalize the job and send the final files by e-mail. During that time I STRONGLY suggest you approach your designer privately about future work since he /she has most of it done (color scheme layout etc.) In all I spent about $250 - 300 for all my work but I feel it was a steal. My designer made my logo, a two sided business card, letterhead, return envelope, two different door hangers one for aeration and one for general advertising and finally a two sided full 8 1/2 X11 tri fold brochure that I can direct mail to targeted houses.

2. FERT-TEK

Dont know why the attachments didn't go through, here is the front

3. FERT-TEK

Back of the same business card

4. FERT-TEK

Back of same business card

5. FERT-TEK

Here is the letterhead they created

6. FERT-TEK

Finally the logo everything was based upon

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi FLC Dave,

Your design work is outstanding! Did you get your truck artwork done as well? If so, can we see?

8. FERT-TEK

No, unfortunately not yet. I am currently using a SUV as my tow vehicle and dont want to put anything on it. Some time next season I will get somthing more appropraite for the business. I will look for some pictures of some signage I put on my trailer if I can find them.

9. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

Fabulous..Love the design. I will definately stel the back of your Biz card idea. Great use of space!!!

10. FERT-TEK

Check out a company called Overnight prints out of Santa Anna California they did the two sided business cards for around $50 per thousand. That is right $50 per thousand.